Monday, January 15, 2007

Saga

I hope we haven't kept you all waiting too long. As most of you know, Saga Isobel Nordmark was born on Jan. 12th 2007. She weighed 8 pound and was 20 inches long. The story goes as follows: On Friday morning at 1:45 am I woke up and felt something strange. My water had broken so I woke Axel up and he called the hospital and they said to come in within 3 hours to get checked. We thought that we should eat something so Axel made oatmeal. I didn't have any contractions until about 10 minutes after my water broke. They started out very mild and then gradually got stronger throughout eating and in the car ride to the hospital. They hooked me up to the machine for 30 minutes to see how strong the contractions were and to monitor the babies heart beat. I think they were a bit skeptical, we thought maybe they were going to send us home but after they looked at the print out of the contractions they said I could go to the bath and relax in there. It was really cozy, candles and juice, and the contractions just kept coming stronger and closer together. I was only in the tub for about 20 minutes and then I needed to get out because I really wanted to start pushing. This was only 4 hours after my water broke, very fast. So, at 6:27 am Saga was born. She started feeding right away and we then ate a bit of breakfast together, Saga, Axel and I. It was such a wonderful time and I couldn't have asked for an easier delivery. Now we are home and my mom is here to help out. Saga sleeps a lot and when she's awake she lays quietly and looks around. She's a GREAT baby so far. We love her and have taken TONS of pictures.

8 comments:

Miriam said...

Congratulations Kate and Axel! I am so happy for both of you. It is great that Saga came in time to see Grandma Sue. Congratulations to Sue too! Enjoy your new granddaughter and have a safe flight home. I want to see a picture!
Miriam Berto

fasterthanyou said...

Such a beautiful baby. We are excited for you and Axel to have such a sweetie. Love the blog pictures and looking forward to more. Love and hugs to all. Aunt Jan and family

steph said...

Great job momma, I am just so proud of you!!!

Amelia Doherty said...

Yay!! Congratulations Katie and Axel!! I'm so excited that she is finally here!!! She looks absolutely beautiful. I can't wait to see more pictures so keep them coming. Love you!!

Nanci said...

We have been waiting for these pictures too long!!! Saga is BEAUTIFUL! All the rest of you look good too :) I'm glad to see you there safe and sound Grandma Sue. Enjoy!! What a wonderful time in your lives..thanks for sharing! WE LOVE YOU!! Aunt Nanci, Uncle Mike, Eric and Carly

gramshere said...

What a gorgeous baby. Can hardly wait for you to come to the US to get my hands on her. You and Axel look good too. Grandma Sue, you look radiant. Take care. Gma

gramshere said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gretchen said...

Hey!! She is so beautiful! Glad she came easily (well, quickly..) and is nursing well.
Love, Gretchen Chris and Cooper