Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Homemade Bagels

So if there was one thing I really missed eating in Sweden it would be bagels and cream cheese. When I was home I ate one almost everyday for breakfast. So I was determined to find a way to bring bagels to my house in Sweden. Who know it was so EASY to make bagels. I am a big angry at myself for not looking into this option earlier.



We decided to bake them one morning when we were up at 3:30. Here is Saga waiting for us to get started.




Not the most perfectly rounded bagels but who cares. It was rather cold in our house that morning so they didn't really raise properly.





Into the water for two minutes


Out of the oven (20 minutes of baking). They were so good. Hard on the outside and chewy on the inside. The recipe made eight and they were gone in two days. Time to double the batch and make some more.


Super Saga enjoying her bagel.


Saga and Papa cooked some sausage in the fire the other day. Trying to get it in her mouth, it was pretty funny.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOUR BAGELS LOOK GREAT KATE ISN'T FUNNY YOU NEVER MADE THEM TILL NOW I WAS GOING TO BRING SOME WITH ME WHEN I COME VISIT BUT NOT NOW!!! MISS YOU ALL LOVE MOM