Saturday, December 15, 2007

We made it!!






It's Sat. morning at 5:30 am and I have finally found time to update the blog. The trip really couldn't have gone any better. Saga was a champ!!! The flight from Lulea to Stockholm went great, and we had an empty seat next to us which is a huge help. When we got to Stockholm we saw that the flight was delayed about a half hour. That was pretty scary because I didn't have that much time in Copenhagen to transfer. The delayed was only about 15 minutes, and Saga fell asleep in my pack right before we got on the plane. She slept the whole flight to Copenhagen thanks to my ability to tell the stewardesses that I am not going to wake up my daughter to put a stupid seat belt on her that is totally worthless. They came back 3 times to tell me to put it on her and when I refused to comply they said, "Then you must take full responsibility." NO PROBLEM!!! When we got to Copenhagen I learned that the flight to Seattle was full, no empty seats to be had. I really wanted an empty seat beside us, so I was a bit disappointed when they couldn't help me out. As we were standing in line to get on the plane I heard my name over the loud speaker. They said they were going to change my bulkhead seat. I was at first a bit worried that they were going to take away my good bulkhead seat, but to my surprise they had THREE empty seats together and they were mine!!! WHAT LUCK!
Saga was very well behaved and enjoyed playing peek a boo with the boy that sat behind us. She finally fell asleep around 8:30 pm and woke up around 10:00 pm and that is ALL she slept the whole flight. Seeing mom and Dan was a relief. I just thought "we made it". Saga isn't really sure what to think about everything here. She is very attached to me and doesn't seem to be warming up to anyone very quickly. I'm sure it will just take a few days, but it's rather draining for me. Nobody can hold her or get too close. It must be very confusing for her to be somewhere she doesn't recognize with a BUNCH of people that just want to play with her and love on her. WE are happy to be here and feel excited to spend the holidays with my family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Vad skönt att veta att ni är framme. Att Saga är mammig kommer säkert att gå över om några dagar. Har det bra och njut av att vara med din familj. Kramar från oss alla.